The Monthly Monitor which appears both in Hungarian and in English is one kind of propserity report, which presents based on the most recent data the economic, budgetary and monetary processes. As a result it can help the evidence-based decision making of the Hungarian companies.
The very popular report can be downloaded for free from the Századvég Gazdaságkutató Zrt’s webpage. The most recent dataand analysis of the SIGMA indicator developed by the Századvég Gazdaságkutató Zrt. is also published in the monitor. Besides the Monitor includes a special topic each month related to a Hungarian or an international event. The aim of the Monthly Monitor is to present the economic processes based on the most recent data and to give an exact image to the decision makers about the current state of the economy.
The key findings of the Monthly Monitor (August 2018) prepared by Századvég Economic Research Institute:
- The GDP grew by 4.6 percent in Q2;
- The EU economy expanded by 2.2 percent;
- On a year-on-year basis, real wages increased by 7.5 percent in June;
- The British and Czech central banks increased their reference interest rates;
- Topic of the month: Events in Turkey caused volatilities in the financial markets.